FICC Jury at 40 Festival Internacional del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano de La Habana, 2018
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Serve this to let you know the Official Nominations for FICC Jury at
Festival Internacional del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano de La Habana, Cuba
6-16 Dec. 2018
- Mario de la Caridad Rodríguez Naite – Cuban
- Marcela Pardo – Colombia
- Leonardo Davicino – Argentina
Waiting list: Diogo Gomes dos Santos – Brazil.
Jury Members are invited to contact as soon as possible with our Colleague Làzaro
Contact person: Lázaro Lorenzo Alderete Terry <email@example.com (Cuban Federation of Film Societies)
Due to personal impediment I will be away for the next weeks. For any assistance or information regarding the Juries procedures kindly contact our Colleague Atle Isaksen
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julio Lamaña (email@example.com).
João Paulo Macedo
INFORMATION TO ALL MEMBERS OF FICC JURIES
Welcome as a member of a FICC Jury! Please consider the following points for your jury work:
- The jury gives the DON QUIJOTE Prize to one film in competition (no ex-aequo!). The prize consists of the Don Quijote Diploma.
- The jury may give a SPECIAL MENTION to a remarkable film in competition. The prize consists of a diploma only. The jury can give two Special Mentions only in case of a competition with a lot of entries of very high quality.
- Films that have already been awarded by other FICC Juries cannot be considered by the jury of which you are a member!
- The members of the jury prepare a statement for the award ceremony which gives the reasons for awarding the films. At the prize winning ceremony of the festival, the president of the jury gives a summary of the aims of the Don Quijote
- Immediately at the end of the festival, the jury must inform FICC about the films awarded. The information (original title, English/French title, director, country, year of production, length, address of producer or world sales) must be sent to Jon Iversen (Norway) firstname.lastname@example.org, and Gabriel Rodríguezgaborodal@gmail.com
- Each member of the jury has to write an report about the festival and send some pictures. This article reflects the personal view of the jury member and should give a statement about the value of the festival for film societies and/or non-profit oriented cinemas.
- The same report has to be sent to FICC (in an English or French version) which will publish each report in the FICC Newsletter and on FICC’s homepage. Please send your report in English or French not later than three weeks after the festival by e-mail to Jon Iversen email@example.com and Gabriel Rodríguez firstname.lastname@example.org
- The president of the jury must contact the director or the representative of the films awarded in order to receive a DVD of the films for FICC’s archive. If possible get the copy at the Festival. Please send the copy of the film and Festival Catalogue to the FICC Archive. All films awarded by FICC Juries are listed in the catalogue of FICC.
- The jury member from the country in which the festival takes place acts as jury secretary and must send the following material to FICC for its archive:
– catalogue of the festival
– justification of the jury for the Don Quijote prize and the Special Mention(s)
– a photo of the completed diplomas (Don Quijote and Special Mention) signed by the Jury members
Thank you very much and have a pleasant festival
João Paulo Macedo
IFFS – International Federation of Film Societies
(Secretariat & Jury Administrator)